Friday 20 July 2012

Glaciers to the Sea

Over the last couple of days we have been on a mission to explore the carving faces of the Knud Rasmussen and Karala glaciers. Our camp was dramatically positioned on rocks between the face of Karala glacier and a smaller tributary. I have not slept in a more stunning location. Every now and then we woke to the thunderous boom and roar of house sized hunks of ice falling into the the fjord.

Having covered a long distance yesterday we are now resting in a community service house in the village in Kuummiut where we can also buy some extra supplies.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim ,
    Sounds great. I am in the next group so very much looking forward to it. Currently my mate and I are touring Iceland which is a very scenic country but I think Greenland will top it easily. Have fun on your paddle

    Regards

    Geoff Murray

    ReplyDelete